时间状语： every…, sometimes, at…, on Sunday等。例如：
I leave home for school at 7 every morning.
The earth moves around the sun.
Shanghai lies in the east of China.
Pride goes before a fall.
Columbus proved that the earth is round..
I don't want so much.
5) 某些动词如 come, go, move, stop, leave, arrive, be, finish, continue, start 等，在一般现在时句中可用来表示将来肯定会发生的动作。
The train comes at 3 o'clock.
I'll help you as soon as you have problem.
Tell Xiao Li about it if you meet him.
表示过去某一时刻或某一段时间内所发生的动作或情况，通常一般过去式带有表示动作时间状语的词，词组或从句,如 yesterday, the day before last, last week, two days ago 等,上下文清楚时可以不带时间状语。
I worked in that factory last year.
1) 过去经常反复发生的动作，也可用used to或would加动词原形来表达，例如：
I used to go fishing on Sundays.
2) “used to”也可用于表示过去曾经存在过的状态。例如：
This river used to be clean.
I shall attend the meeting tomorrow.
He will go to see his mother every Saturdays.
I will do my best to catch up with them.
Shall I open the door?
4）be + going + 动词不定式。也是一种将来时句型，表示打算，计划，最近或将来要作
I am going to Beijing next week.
5）be + 动词不定式。表示有职责，义务，可能，约定，意图等。
There is to be a meeting this afternoon.
We are to meet the guests at the station.
6）be about + 动词不定式，表示马上，很快作某事。
They are about to leave.
1) 现在进行时的用法表示说话者说话时正在发生或者进行的动作， 它注重现在正在进
What are you doing now?
I am looking for my key.
The students are preparing for the examination.
3) 某些动词的现在进行时可以表示即将发生的动作，这些动词有 arrive, come, leave,
They are going to Hong Kong tomorrow.
②表示认识、知觉和情感的动词，如：know, think, hear, find, see, like, want, wish, prefer等。
I have bought a ten-speed bicycle.
They have cleaned the classroom.
现在完成时常与for 和 since 引导的短语或从句连用。
We have lived here since 1976.
They have waited for more than two hours.
I saw this film yesterday.（强调看的动作发生过了，不涉及现在）
I have seen this film. （强调对现在的影响，电影的内容已经知道了。）
I was watching TV when she came to see me.
They were building a house last month. （上个月正在建造，建造好与否不知）
They built a new house last month. （上个月建造好了，动作已经完成）
过去完成时表示过去某一时刻或某一动作之前完成的动作或所处的状态，过去完成时常和 by , before 等词组成的短语和从句连用。
We had already learned two thousands words by the end of last year.
When we arrived at the station, they had waited for more than twenty minutes.
They were going to have a meeting.
I told him that I would see him off at the station.
1) 被动语态最基本的句型结构是： be +及物动词过去分词
2) 被动语态中的谓语动词一定要是及物动词，因为被动句中的主语是动作的承受者，某些短语动词如look after, think of, take care of, work out, laugh at等，也可用于被动语态。
The children were taken good care of by her.
若宾语补足语是不带to 的不定式，变为被动语态时，该不定式前要加"to"。此类动词为感官动词，如：feel, hear, help, listen to, look at, make, observe, see, notice, watch等。例如：
The teacher made me go out of the classroom.
I was made to go out of the classroom (by the teacher).
如wash, clean, look, cut, sell, read, wear, feel, draw, write, sell等动词虽然用做主动形式却表示被动的意义。例如：
The food tastes good.
Father will not allow us to play on the street.
He ran so fast as to catch the first bus.
这样的动词有感官动词如：see, hear, look, notice, observe, feel等，使役动词如：have, make, leave, keep, get等。接不定式表示动作的完整性，真实性；+doing 表示动作的连续性，进行性。
I saw him work in the garden yesterday.
I saw him working in the garden yesterday.（强调"我见他正干活"这个动作）
使役动词如： let, have, make等和感官动词如： see, watch, hear, listen to, smell, feel, find 等后作宾补，省略to。在被动语态中则to不能省掉。
1) stop to do 停止，中断做某事后去做另一件事。
stop doing 停止做某事。
2) forget to do 忘记要去做某事。 (未做)
forget doing 忘记做过某事。 (已做)
3) remember to do 记得去做某事 (未做)
remember doing 记得做过某事 (已做)
4) try to do 努力，企图做某事。
try doing 试验，试着做某事。
5) go on to do 做了一件事后，接着做另一件事。
go on doing 继续做原来做的事。
6) mean to do 打算、想做
mean doing 意味着做
7）can’t help do 帮助做
can’t help doing 情不自禁做
(1) say, speak, talk, tell的用法。
He said he would go there.
It's time to leave. We have to say goodbye to you.
Do you speak English?
May I speak to Mr Pope, please?
3) talk表示“谈话”，是不及物动词，与to , about, with等连用，才可以接宾语。
What are you talking about?
Mr Jackson is talking with my father in the office now.
4) tell 表示“告诉，讲述”是及物动词，可以带双宾语或复合宾语。
She told us an interesting story yesterday.
My teacher told me that we would have an English exam the next month.
(2) look, see, watch和watch的用法。
Look! The girl is swimming in the lake.
Look at the picture carefully. Can you find something unusual?
2) see 指“看见”某物，强调的是结果。
They can't see the words on the blackboard.
Does Lily often go to see a film on Sunday?
3) watch 指的是“观看”，“注视”之意。
The twins are watching TV now.
He will go to watch a volleyball match.
Don't read in the sun.
I like to read newspapers when I am free.
(3) borrow, lend和keep的区别。
Meimei borrowed a book from the library just now.
May I borrow your dictionary?
2) lend 是“借出”之意，常常与to连用，同borrow一样，是非延续性动词，只表示瞬间即能完成的动作。
Uncle Wany has lent his car to Mr Li.
Could you lend us your radio, please?
How long can the recorder be kept?
The farmer kept the pat for two weeks.
(4) bring, take, carry 和get的用法。
Bring me the book, please.
May I bring Jim to see you next Saturday?
It looks like rain. Take a raincoat with you.
Mother took the little girl to the next room.
3) carry 是“带着、搬运、携带”的意思，指随身携带，有背着、扛着、抱着、提着的含义，不表明来去的方向。
Do you always carry a handbag?
The box is heavy. Can you carry it?
Please go to my office to get some chalk.
There is no water in the bottle. Why not get some?
(5) wear, put on和dress的区别
Tom always wears black shoes.
He wears a raincoat even when it is fine.
She doesn't like to wear a red flowers in her hair.
2) put on是“穿上”“戴上”的意思，可以用于穿衣服、穿鞋、戴帽等。着重于穿戴的动作。
It's cold. You'd better put on your coat.
He put on his hat and went out of the room.
3) dress可以作及物动词和不及物动词，有“穿着”“打扮”的意思。作“穿着”解时，只用于穿衣服，不用于穿鞋、戴帽、戴手套。作为及物动词用时，它的宾语是人，不是衣服。dress sb. （给某人穿衣服），而wear作“穿着”用时，也是及物动词，但它的宾语是物，不是人，即wear sth.（穿着衣物）。
She always dresses well.
Get up and dress quickly.
Mary is dressing her child.
(6) take, spend 和use的用法。
1) take指做某事用多少时间，句型是：It takes/took/ will take + sb. +some time + to do sth.
It took me three days to finish the work.
It will take you a while week to travel thought the forest.
It takes only one hour to fly to Shanghai.
Someone spends + money/time + on something(in) doing sth.
She spent more than 500 yuan on that coat.
He didn't spend much time on his lessons.
He spent much time (in) correcting students' exercises.
Mother spent her evenings (in) washing clothes.
Do you know how to use the computer?
Shall we use your car?
(7)reach, get 和arrive的区别。
After the train had left, they reached the station
We reached the top of the mountain at last.
2) get是不及动词，常与to连用，再接名词，后面接表示地点的副词时，不用to，get to常用于口语中。
When the students got to the cinema, the film had begun.
My sister was cooking when mother got home.
3) arrive是不及物动词，表示到达一个小地方时，用arrive at, 到达一个大地方时用arrive in。
The soldiers arrived at a small village
The foreigners will arrive in Shanghai tomorrow.
1. I’m interested in animals, so I ________ every Saturday working in an animal hospital.
A. pay B. get C. take D. spend
答案：D。该题考查的是pay, get, take spend这四个动词的用法区别。在这四个动词中
只有spend常用于 “spend …ding sth.”的句型里，所以选D。
2. —-Listen Helen is singing in the next room.
—-It _________ be Helen. She has gone to Beijing.
A. can’t B. mustn’t C. may D. should
3.—-I called you yesterday evening, but there was no answer.
—-Oh, I am sorry I _________ dinner at my friend’s house.
A. have B. had C. was having D. have had
4.—-How long have you _______ the moteobike?
—-For about two weeks.
A. bought B. had C. borrowed D. lent
1.（兰州）The population of the world ______ still _________ now.
A. has; grown B. is; growing C. will; grow D. is; grown
2.（兰州）—Good evening. I _______ to see Miss Mary. —Oh, good evening. I’m sorry, but she is not in.
A. have come B. come C. came D. had come
3.（兰州）I first met Lisa three years ago when we _____ at a radio station together.
A. have worked B. had been working C. were working D. had worked
4.（广州）If you_____carefully, you_____the report well.
A. will listen; will be understood B. will listen; understand
C. listen; will understand D. listen; understand
5.（广州）They_____ about eight hundred English words by the end of last term.
A. will learn B. had learned C. are going to learn D. have learned
6.（广州）—How did the accident happen? —You know, it_____ difficult to see the road clearly because it_____.
A. was; was raining B. is; has rained C. is; is raining D. will be; will rain
7.（淄博）Attention, please. There_____ a football game between China and Korea this evening.
A. is going to be B. has been C. has D. will have
8.（武汉）—What does your sister like doing in her spare time？ —She_____ watching TV.
A. likes B. liked C. has liked D. had liked
9.（武汉）—When_____ Jessy_____ to New York？ —Yesterday.
A. does; get B. did; get C. has; got D. had; got
10.（武汉） —How clean the bedroom is! —Yes, I am sure that someone_____ it.
A. cleans B. cleaned C. has cleaned D. had cleaned
11.（河北）My friend ______ me. I have to leave now.
A. waits for B. waited for C. is waiting for D. was waiting for
12.（河北）Be sure to let Tom know the notice as soon as he ______.
A. will arrive B. was arriving C. arrives D. arrived
13.（河北）I ______ the wrong thing. Can I use your eraser?
A. write B. wrote C. am writing D. will write
14.（威海） —Are you going to help John with his Chinese this evening? —NO, He ______ to England. He will be back next month.
A. returned B. has returned C. returns D. will return
15.（烟台） —-Who’s won the first prize in the competition? —-Henry______ . He has ______ it for a week.
A. is, won B. is, got C. has, had D. has, been given
16.（成都）—Is this the place that you ______ ? —No. I’ve never been there before.
A. have visited B. will visit C. are visiting D.visited
17.（江西）It ______ outside. You’d better take an umbrella with you.
A. rains B. is raining C. rained D. has rained
18.（江西）—Can I help you? —I bought this watch here yesterday, but it ______ work.
A. won’t B. didn’t C. doesn’t D. wouldn’t
19.（南京）I used to love this film when I was young, but I ______ it that way any more.
A. don’t feel B. didn’t feel C. haven’t felt D. hadn’t felt
20.（安顺）Today is Thursday, and Tom lost his bike last Sunday. We may say “_____".
A. Tom has lost his bike four days ago B. Tom has lost his bike for four days
C. Tom lost his bike for four days D. It’s four days since Tom lost his bike
21.（河南）The zookeeper is worried because the number of visitors_____smaller andsmaller.
A. become B. became C. is becoming D. have become
22.（宜昌）—How was your trip to the ancient village? —Fantastic! We ___________to a museum of strange stones.
A. go B. went C. are going D. will go
23.（娄底）—Where is Peter? —He________ volleyball with his friends in the school gym.
A. plays B. played C. is playing D.played
24.（无锡）—-Hello! Can I speak to Mr. White? —-Sorry, he isn’t here right now. He ______ to the park.
A. will go B. was going C. has gone D. has been
25.（绥德）—_____ you ______ your drawing? —Not yet! It will be done in a few minutes.
A. Did; finish B. Will; finish C. Do; finish D. Have; finished
26.（北京）She ______ as an animal trainer since 2003.
A. has worked B. works C. will work D. have worked
27.（北京）They ______ her to the party, so she was very happy.
A. invite B. invited C. will invite D. are inviting
28.Mr. Green ______ to the manager now. You’d better call him later.
A. talk B. talked C. is talking D. was talking
29.（安徽）Prison Break is the best American TV play that I ______ these years.
A. watch B. will watch C. have watched D. was watching
30.（安徽）—Alice, turn down the TV, please. I _________ on the phone. —Oh, sorry.
A. have talked B. talked C. am talking D. talk
31.（通化） — Where are the Greens, may I ask? — Well, they ______ to England. They have been there for nearly a week now.
A. have been B. are going to C. have gone D. will go
32.（常州）The teachers _______ the office for a few minutes when we arrived. We didn’t meet them.
A. had been away from B. had left C. have been away from D. have left
33.（扬州）—-Has your father finished his report?—-Sorry, I don’t know. He______ it this morning.
A. was writing B. wrote C. has written D. had written
34.（阜康）—-It’s time for dinner. Where is your father, Emma? —-He ______ his bike in the yard.
A. clean B. cleaned C. is cleaning D. will clean
35.（朝阳）—Hi, I ______ you for a long time. —I ________ in Beijing. I’ve just come back.
A. hadn’t seen; am B. haven’t seen; shall be
C. didn’t see; will be D. haven’t seen; was
1.—-Do you often clean your classroom? —-Yes. Our classroom ___ every day.
A. clean B.cleans C.is cleaned D.is cleaning
2.A talk on developments in science and technology___in the school hall next week.
A. given B.will be given C.has been given D.give
3.His new book___ next month.
A. will be published B. is publishing C. is being published D. has been published
4.Did you go to Jacks birthday party? No,I____.
A. am not invited B.wasnt invited C.havent invited D.didnt invite
5.Mum,can I go to the zoo with Jack? When your homework___,you can.
A. is done B.was done C.does D.did
6.Twentyyearolds should not____to drive in China.
A.allow B.be allow C.be allowed D.allowed.
7.Seeing him rush into the room with tears in his eyes,I asked him what___.
A.would happen B.had happened C.happened D.was happened.
8.The book Business@the Speed of Thought ___in 1999.
A.writes B.is written C.wrote D.was written.
9.Trees and flowers__every year to make our country more beautiful.
A.is planted B.was planted C.are planted D.were planted.
10.Chinas sports stars Yao Ming and Liu Xiang___ Good Will Ambassadors(亲善大使)for Shang hai.
A.has been named B.have been named C.has named D.have named.
11.The earth is our home. It ___well.
A.must be protected B.should protect C.need protect D.should protected.
12.In recent years, many children are made ___ what they are not___.
A.to do;interested in B.to do;interested C.do;interested D.do;interested.
13.___a new library____in your school last year?
A.Is;built B.Was;built C.Does;built D.Did;built.
14.An accident___on this road last week.
A.has been happened B.was happened C.is happened D.happened.
15.Cotten ____in the southeast of China.
A.is grown B.are grown C.grows D.grow.
16.So far, the moon___by man already.
A. is visited B.will be visited C.has been visited D.was visited.
17.How many trees ___this year?
A.are planted B.will plant C.have been planted D.planted.
18.A lot of things ___by people to save the little girl now.
A.are doing B.are being done C.has been done D.will be done.
19.Neither of them ___ in China
A.is made B.are made C.were made D.made.
20.Look! A nice picture___for our teacher.
A. is drawing B.is being drawn C.has been drawn D.draws.
21.Your shoes___.You need a new pair.
A.wear out B.worn out C.are worn out D.is worn.
22.The doctor___for yet.
A.isnt sent B.hasnt been sent C.wont be sent D.wasnt sent.
23When ___this kind of computer___? Last year.
A.did;use B.was;used C.is;used D.are;used
24.The Great Wall__about all over the world.
A.knows B.knew C.is known D.was known.
25. The People's Republic of China ___ on October 1, 1949.
A. found B. was founded C. is founded D. was found
26.He says that Mr Zhang___to the factory next week.
A.is sent B.would send C.was sent D.will be sent.
27.Who ___this book__?
A.did;written B.was;written by C.do;written D.was;written
28.Mary ___show me her new dictionary.
A.has asked to B.was asked to C.is asked D.asks to
29. A story __ by Granny yesterday.
A.was told us B.was told to us C.is told us D.told us
30.The monkey was seen____out of the tree.
A.jump B.jumps C.jumped D.to jump
My name is Wang Bing. Im from China. Now I ___1____ (study) at this school. I ____2___ (arrive) here on January 8. Since then, I ____3____ (make) a lot of friends. At school we speak English all the time. Next week, some new students from Africa, Asia and Latin America ____4____ (come) to our school. Im very glad to know this because I enjoy ____5____ (meet) people from other countries.
Since 1946, one of the most important inventions has been the computer. It has been changing all our lives.
The first computer ____1___ (build) in 1946. It ____2____ (be) as large as a room and very difficult and slow ____3____ (use). But since the invention of silicon “chip”（硅片），computers ____4____ (become) smaller, easier and faster to operate. Some computers ____5____ (be) as small as TV sets. Some can even ____6___ (make) smaller than a book. And computers ____7____ (get) smaller and smaller all the time. Who knows what the computers of tomorrow ____8___ (be) like?
There ____9___ (be) several reasons why the computer is useful to us. First, a lot of information can ____10____ (put) into computer. Second, the computer works very quickly—thousands of times faster than a man and it will not be tired. Third, modern computers can be built into other kinds of machines, like radios, cars and planes. So today people can spend less time doing more work with a computer.
Once a boy came to ask a fisherman how to become cleverer because his mother always __________him foolish boy. That is easy, answered the fisherman. I know one way to __________you clever. Really?
Of course. A fish head is good for brains. If you eat one a day, you will___________ much cleverer. Pay only three pounds for one fish head. The boy ___________him three pounds and the fisherman _________off a fish head and gave it to him.
It is ____________ that a raw(生的)fish head is no good— not even for a hungry boy to eat.But the boy ____________ it up in two gulps(两口).
“Do you feel anything?” asked the fisherman after the boy ate the fish head.
Not in my head, said the boy.
The boy sat on the ground and _____________, One whole fish costs only two pounds, but I have ___________him three pounds for the fish already. Why couldnt I have the whole fish for soup, a head for brain and one pound left over? He jumped up and _________at the fisherman, The fish head is working well now, you see?
1. No matter what the weather is like, you can always find surfers out _______ (ride) the waves.
2. —-What do you use the key for?
—-It is ________ (use) for making the robot work.
3. No news _______ (be) good news. I’m sure Jane is still all right.
4. —-Are you feeling better these days?
—-Yes, much better. I _______ as well as these days for a long time.
5. It ________ (rain) heavily, youd better not go out now.
6. The city of Xian _______ (become) cleaner and cleaner.
7. The boys enjoy _______ (see) fight films very much.
8. He left the room without _______ (say) goodbye.
9. Rice ________ (grow) in the south of China.
10. Many trees ________ (plant) in our school yard these years.
allow, fall, not be, phone, receive, show, send for, pay for, be used for, turn it off, keep on
1. It’s rather hot today, but the weather report says the temperature _______ to 28C tomorrow.
2. “Remember, nobody ________ to eat or drink in the computer room, the assistant said to the new students.
3. Hi, Mike! I _________ your invitation. Thank you very much. Ill come on time.
4. This time yesterday I ________ the foreigners around the ancient church.
5. My uncle phoned the booking office of the airline, and he was told there _______ any flights to Singapore in the following three days because of the bad weather.
6. Dont lose heart and ________ trying.
7. Dont watch TV. Its too late. Please _______ and go to bed right now.
8. Computers are useful. They can ________ sending E-mail.
9. If you’ve lost this book, you have to _______ it.
10. Both of his feet were hurt in the accident. _______ a doctor, please.
______________________________________ in Zhaoqing______________________________.
__________________________ that ______________________________in China.
Because of serious pollution,__________________________________________.
_______________________this kind of flowers ________________________every day.
We_____________________________________ the road___________________________.
____________________________ Beijing.It’s a pity that she ___________________Beijing before.
7.英语在全世界用途最广。English _______________________________thoughout(all over) the world.
8.Tom离开肇庆已有一个半月了。Tom ________________________Zhaoqing for half a month. =______________________________________ Zhaoqing.
13.她直到看到新闻才知道真相。She ____________________________she watched the news.
14.这本小说很值得再读。This novel ______________________________.
15.昨天这个时候，我听见他在隔壁用英语唱这首歌。I ____________________________ this time yesterday yesterday.
Zhaoqing is __________________________________________________.
17.他在读报时，我进来了。He _____________________the newspaper when I came in.
18.你介意我打开窗户吗？________________________________________ the window?
20.老师要我上学再也不要迟到了。The teacher_____________________________ school again.
22.穿蓝色衣服的那个人过去经常在这里散步。The person ________________________here.
23.她的梦想就是长大当一名教师。Her dream is to be a teacher __________________________.
24.你应该学会如何与他人相处。You should learn ___________________________________.
1. It’s true that every student ______ to having a good future.
A. hopes B. looks forward C. wishes D. wants
2. –This physics problem is too difficult. Can you show me ______, George? Sure.
A. what to work out B. to work it out C. how to work it out D. how to work out it
3. Its blowing hard outside. Tell him ______ the window.
A. not open B. not to open C. to not open D. dont open
4. What happened to the thief later? The king had him ______ the next day.
A. hung B. hanged C. hang D. hanging
5. My aunt played the light music to make the baby ______ crying.
A. stopped B. stops C. to stop D. stop
6. Excuse me, could you please tell me which gate ______?
A. we have to go to B. we had to go to
C. do we have to go to D. did we have to go to
7. To keep healthy, youd better ______ exercise right after you have a meal.
A. dont take B. not take C. not to take D. not taking
8. Mum, Im hungry. –What about going to McDonalds ______ fried chicken?
A. eat B. to eat C. eating D. and eat
9. Ill give a talk tomorrow. Im thinking about ______.
A. what to say B. how to say C. what can I say D. how can I say
10. The door was broken by him yesterday,which needs_________.
A. to repair B.repairing C. to be repaired D. B and C
11. Bob, its getting old. ______ take a jacket with you? –All right, Daddy.
A. Why not B. What about C. Would you like D. Youd better
12. Hello, my name is Johnson. I believe you have a room ______ for me.
–Johnson? Oh, yes, Mr Johnson. Its Room 1201, on the second floor.
A. looked B. waited C. cleaned D. booked
13. The teacher asked us ______ the work on time.
A. finish B. to finish C. finished D. finishes
14. Bob speaks Chinese well. –Yes, so he does. He practices ______ Chinese every day.
A. speaking B. speak C. speaks D. spoke
15. We have worked for three hours. Now lets stop ______ a rest.
A. had B. have C. to have D. having
16. Hello! Would you like to go to the concert with me tonight?
–Im sorry I cant. Mother wont ______ me to go out in the evening.
A. let B. allow C. offer D. ask
17. –Could you give me a hand, please?
–Sure. What would you like me ______?
A. do B. to do C. doing D. does
18. What are you busy ______ these days? –Nothing much.
A. do B. doing C. to do D. done
19. Mary prefers ______.
A. sing and dance B. singing to dancing C. to sing to dance D. to sing than dancing
20. Do you want to eat something?
–______, thanks. I am feeling sick now. I dont feel like ______.
A. Yes; eating something B. No; to eat anything
C. Yes; to eat anything D. No; eating anything
21. Its too hot. Would you mind ______ the door? –______. Please do it now.
A. to open; OK B. opening; Certainly not
C. opening; Of course D. to open; Good idea
22. The young lady watched her daughter ______ a yo-yo yesterday afternoon.
A. to play with B. playing with C. to play D. plays
23. Let me ______ for you.
A. to pick up it B. to pick it up C. pick up it D. pick it up
24. Have you finished _____the book? –Not yet. Ill try ______ it to you before Friday.
A. reading, returning B. to read, to return
C. reading, to return D. to read, returning
25. I like ______, but I dont like _____ right now.
A. singing, to sing B. to sing, singing C. singing, singing D. to sing, to sing
26. Did you hear her ______ this song? –Sometimes.
A. sing B. sang C. singing D. to sing
27. We can use QQ to talk with each other online.
–Good! Will you please show me ______ it?
A. what to use B. how to use C. when to use D. where to use.
28. The soldier rushed into the room ______ the baby in the fire.
A. to save B. saving C. and save D. saved
29. The teacher told Lucy ______ too much time ______ computer games.
A. not to spend; in B. to not spend; on
C. didnt spend; playing D. not to spend; playing
30. We can go to Yangzhou Railway Station by bus.
–Why not ______ there for a change?
A. try walking B. try to walk C. to try and walk D. to try walking
1. The boys were looking forward to _______________ (have) a holiday again.
2. It is very nice of them _______________ (send) me the flowers.
3. Can you hear the students ______________ (talk) happily at this moment?
4. Remember ________________ (not be) late next time.
5. A strange noise made me ______ (stop) my work.
6. We stopped ___________ (talk) with each other immediately when we heard the news.
7. Alice prefers _______________ (stay) outside to ____________ (stay) inside.
8. I couldnt make myself _______________ (hear).
9. Its important for us to encourage them ____________(learn) English well.
10. Keep _______________ (try), youre sure to be successful.
11. His wish is ________________ (become) a lawyer.
12. It is dangerous ________________ (play) with fire in the room.
13. We were made ________________ (speak) English in class.
14. If no one answers the front door, try ______________ (knock) at the back door.
15. You should be careful _____________ (not catch) a cold.
16. I have tried ___________ (make) friends with her, but she seems not to care.
17. She kept me ______________ (wait) for nearly 40 minutes.
18. I remember ________________ (tell) her about him that day.
19. Im sorry I forgot _______________ (buy) you stamps.
20. Ill never forget ______________ (invite) to her 18th birthday party.
21. _______________ (work) out this problem is not easy for them, I think.
22. Whats the language _____________ (speak) in China?
23. He is looking for a ____________ (use) car.
24. I want to know if they could get it ___________ (do) before next Friday.
25. Because of my poor English, I cant make myself ________________ (understand).
26. A young girl saw it ____________ (happen) when she was passing by.
27. After she finished _____________ (write) the article, she went to the post office.
28. Its your turn. Get ready _______________ (appear) on the stage.
29. On the pavement Li Mer found a wallet _______________ (lie) on the ground.
30. When she was walking, she suddenly heard someone _____________ (call) for help.
31. It is no use _________________(suggest) him not to smoke.
32. Are you considering _________________(accept) his offer?
33. From your ____________ voice, I feel that you are really ____________. (disappoint)
34. She had her little dog ________________ (steal) in that park.
35. She doesnt like _________________ (laugh) at like that.
36. When Edith saw so many teachers, her heart could not help ___________ (beat) fast.
37. Would you mind _______________ (wait) for me a moment? I have to make a call.
38. Please dont waste time ________ (watch) TV. You should spend more time studying.
39. He said that she felt someone ______________ (smoke) in the room.
40. Our English teacher is used to __________ (drive) in her own car in such heavy traffic.